All requests and remarks posted on this blog, have been shared with the developers of the concerning products. The Feature Requests blog is my independent way of sharing, and recording both ideas and annoyance about software. Improvement is the main goal.

zondag 11 februari 2018

AE: Mysterious scrolling behaviour in Project Panel

I would like to have a solution for  behaviour of the Project Panel, that confuses us when working with large projects.

What I do is copying names from comps to other comps, in a separate folder, (has to do with different expressions reffering to the comp name).
Each time I scroll the panel to a position where I can see both source and target.
Then I copy the source name – after copying the panel scrolls automatically to an unwanted position.
Then I duplicate a target comp – after copying the panel scrolls automatically again.

I would like to keep the scoll position as I set it, without any initiative of the software.
Maybe there are situations where the automatic scrolling is convenient – in that case maybe a ‘scroll lock’-button is a solution,
To offer both behaviour.s
(just like in audio apps, we can prevent the tracks from crawling while playing).

A different approach would be to offer the possibility to open two instances of the project window.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten